COVID-19 UPDATE: In spite of the pandemic, our office remains open and our hours are the same. Please call us today so we can best accommodate you. We hope you and your family stay and remain safe.

Manhattan: 212-689-5000   Long Island: 516-535-6666  Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx/Staten Island: 718-SERIOUS (737-4687)

Available 24/7   Free Consultation

No Fee Until We Win

Available 24/7   Free Consultation   No Fee Until We Win   212-689-5000

Available 24/7 | Free Consultation | No Fee Until We Win

Manhattan: 212-689-5000
Long Island: 516-535-6666
Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx/Staten Island:
718-SERIOUS (737-4687)

Serious Injuries Require Serious Lawyers

Serious Injuries And Accidents Require
Serious Lawyers

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Accidents On Premises/Property
  4.  → 
  5. FAQs About Slip & Fall (Videos)
  6.  → Who Will Pay The Medical Expenses Of A Person Injured In A Slip-And-Fall Accident?

Who Will Pay The Medical Expenses Of A Person Injured In A Slip-And-Fall Accident?

Video Transcript

Who Will Pay The Medical Expenses If A Person Is Injured In A Slip-And-Fall Accident?

Owners of property usually have insurance. Occasionally, written into their insurance policies, are provisions that permit the insurance company to pay out a certain amount of money for medical care, treatment and other expenses resulting from a slip and fall, regardless of the lawsuit or any claim that may be anticipated. These provisions are usually called “Med Pay provisions.”

Different landlords or owners do have different Med Pay clauses and provisions within their insurance policies. However, sometimes there are no Med Pay provisions. If there is no Med Pay or not enough in the insurance policy to cover immediate expenses, then the injured party must use his or her personal medical coverage to get the necessary care and treatment.

If an injured person has no medical insurance, steps can be taken to make sure there will be monies available to help you get the medical care and treatment you need. Sometimes a medical provider will agree to wait to be paid for the medical services provided. The medical provider will agree to maintain a lien against the expected proceeds or settlement at the end of the case. This means that, before you get paid your settlement or money award, the doctor or other health care provider must get paid first.

As a last resort, loans can be taken out at the beginning to pay for the care and treatment you need. Ultimately, the person can apply for Medicaid or some other available public medical benefits.

For a free consultation call the Law Offices of Ira M. Perlman, P.C. & Robert D. Rosen, P.C. at 212-689-5000 or use our online contact form.