Get Support When A Burn Injury Changes Your Life
There are many types of burns, including thermal, electrical and chemical burns. Each type of burn could seriously injure you. If you suffered a burn injury, getting the treatment and support you need is essential to getting back to normal life as fully as possible.
At the Law Offices of Ira M. Perlman, P.C. & Robert D. Rosen, P.C., our attorneys know how to help individuals who have suffered major burns in the New York City metro area pursue their rights to money damages for their harms and losses. Our experience allows us to give our clients the insight and guidance they need to move forward with any claims that they may have.
To discuss your injuries due to any type of burn, call 212-668-0100 today for a free consultation with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Investigating The Cause Of Your Burns
Many factors and scenarios can lead to severe burns, including:
- Defective products that explode or ignite
- Fires in buildings, apartments, homes and other locations
- Unprotected radiators and steam pipes
- Motor vehicle accident fires and explosions
- Motorcycle accidents causing road rash
- Dangerous chemicals
- Wiring that can cause electrocution or fire
- Restaurant dining rooms and kitchen hazards
- Chemical burns resulting from caustic infiltration of intravenous medication negligently administered
Depending on the circumstances, your doctor could classify your burn as a first-degree, second-degree or third-degree burn.
- A first-degree burn on the outermost layer of skin can be painful. Still, it is usually minor enough to heal on its own without extensive medical treatment, especially if the burn covers a small area.
- A second-degree burn affects the deeper layer of skin tissue, often blistering and scarring.
- Finally, third-degree burns can damage nerves and cause major scarring because they reach tissue deeper than the layers of skin. These burns can be immensely painful and difficult to treat.
Burns can also have a profound emotional and psychological impact on victims. This impact is a separate item of damages that is compensable.
Compensation Can Help You Get Treatment
Burns can have significant long-term effects, such as those involving:
- Nerve damage
- Disfigurement, which may include permanent scarring of the face or body
- Loss of limb or another physical function
- Joint damage and movement difficulties
- Organ damage
- Lung/respiratory damage
- Serious infections
- Mental and psychological trauma
Burn injuries can affect your life in numerous ways. You may face difficulty working as usual, caring for loved ones and caring for yourself. Some cases require skin grafts, reconstructive surgery, vocational training, therapy or another type of treatment. Burn injuries can also significantly affect your relationships with friends, family and the community. It can also impact social interactions with other people.
Compensation through a personal injury claim can also help you and your family recover the costs associated with serious burns, whether from the past or into the future, in addition to any monies recovered for your permanent injuries. Therefore, it is important to consult with a qualified attorney following a burn injury due to any type of accident. You deserve a clear path toward physical, mental and financial recovery. We are ready to guide and help you.
Learn About Your Recovery Options
Do not assume that you have to live without relief from the damages that burn injuries have caused. Call us at 212-668-0100 or send an email to schedule a free consultation to discuss all of your options with our law firm. We are lawyers you can talk to.